Monday, January 25, 2010

Next three....

First I want to start off with one of the favourites: Eden Rose.

The picture does not really justify it. It is so full and gorgeous that it is hard to belive. The buds and under the petals there are hints of green, which gives this a "rustic" look. 
I was trying to sleep last night, but I was dreaming away where to put new roses. And than I thought about the two pots I have outside my front door. -Why haven`t I thought about putting a climber in each of these? They are over 1m tall so I think they will do fine.
So I have to get one more of this one, and have one on each side of the door? ( See pic. below. )



Origin: Marie-Louise Meilland (France, before 1985).

Also referenced as: Pierre de Ronsard ® Grimpant
Climber, Large-Flowered Climber. Renaissance® [Poulsen], Romantica ™.
Parentage: Seed: Danse des Sylphes × Händel .Pollen: Pink Wonder, Cl.
Flower size: Average diameter 3".
Scent: Mild fragrance
Flowering: Occasional repeat later in the season.
Height/Spread Height: 100 to 365 cm
Hardiness Zone USDA zone 5b through 9b. Disease susceptibility: very disease resistant



So I think it will be great with a rose on each side here. But I need to rebuildt the arch with something a bit stronger than apple twigs...

Anyhoooo, lets move on to a not so pink rose... But a beatiful and strong one. Nostalgie.

This is a real winner here. It blooms al summer, and is very resistant to rain. Strong stems. The buds are so beautiful that you can put them directly on a cake!





Origin: Hans Jürgen Evers (Germany, 1995).

Also referenced as: La Garçonne ®
Hybrid Tea.
Parentage: Seed: Danse des Sylphes × Händel .Pollen: Pink Wonder, Cl.
Flower size: Average diameter 4.75".
Scent: Mild fragrance
Flowering: Blooms in flushes throughout the season.
Height/Spread Height: 80 to 120 cm
Hardiness Zone USDA zone 6b through 9b (default)


And then I want to introduce: Bella Rosa.

Cute... flowers all summer... But the colour is difficult to place. A bit to strong for me. But I have this in a place where it can stand a bit alone and be enyojed for what it is.



 Origin: Reimer Kordes (Germany, 1981).

Also referenced as: KORwonder

Floribunda / Cluster Flowered, Mini-Flora.
Parentage: Seed: Danse des Sylphes × Händel .Pollen: Pink Wonder, Cl.
Flower size: Average diameter Quite small
Scent: Mild, wild rose fragrance.
Flowering: Blooms in flushes throughout the season.
Height/Spread: Height: 60 cm
Hardiness Zone USDA zone 4b and warmer










No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you